Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


We had a very busy and very fun 4th of July. We started our day with a ward pancake breakfast at our church...it was supposed to include a flag raising, but that didn't happen. Then Chad and I spent the afternoon painting the new baby's room. It looks really good, but I don't think that I will be painting anything else until after the baby comes...I'm a bit clumsy and it's exhausting. We ended our day with a big BBQ with friends from our ward and neighborhood. We had so much fun and the kids had a blast. The kids really liked the sparklers until the sparks landed on their skin and then they lost all of their appeal. Cam got nervous when Chad would set off the really loud fireworks, but overall she enjoyed them. I think the dads enjoyed the fireworks more than the kids :) Especially the "Ring of Fire". I am attaching a picture of the "Ring" for anyone that has yet to witness it's awesomeness.

3 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

You are a slide show PRO!
And I will atest that the ring of fire is super rad! Even for us red-necks!

Lac said...

How fun! Love 4th of July. However ours wasn't anything spectacular! It's just too late, however pathetic that sounds it really takes forever to get dark. My kids go to bed at 8, anything past that is like screaming trying to get them to stay up! It was pretty hysterical. As always you look great! Love to see pictures with you in them so I can see the belly! Cam is adorable as always. I want to see the color you painted the new nursery. Do share!!Love you sunshine and I hope you're feeling alright. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as I'm with your sisters! MISS YOU SO MUCH!

JR and Brynn said...

That is so dang fun! How great that you have such fun friends there in Horney. You look so cute all knocked up. I love it! Can't wait to see you.